Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Southwest in-flight wifi stinks and other matters Las Vegas

I've now flown on 5 different Southwest planes with wifi service in the past 8 months and not once have I been able to get their service to work.  Not  much of a loss, I guess, since their free TV offerings are pretty unimpressive.  I'm about to board the plane from Las Vegas to LAX.  Maybe it'll work on this one...

Speaking of the Las Vegas airport, all the slot machines remind me of the saying about gambling being a tax on people who are bad at math.

It's also a good place to people watch.  Not that I'm overly fixated on other peoples' chests, but you see some pretty interesting t-shirts and a higher than average concentration of cleavage here.  My favorite example of the former was the 3 year old boy wearing the "I taught my daddy to dunk" shirt.  I don't have any photographic evidence of the latter. You'll just have to believe me.

Speaking of t-shirts worn in airports - when were the social norms that inhibited us from emblazoning ourselves with our personal political and religious philosophies repealed?  Heck, I'm a little  francis about wearing a shirt that might disclose what time zone I'm from.

During the time it took me to eat a passable stromboli at the airport, the Tigers had begun chipping away at the 8 run lead they'd spotted the Yankees in the first three innings.

I'm not sure, but I think I just spent a half hour at the same gate that my dad and I spent 8 hours at (6 of them unexpected) on Jan. 2.  That was a long wait, but not nearly as long as it would have been had MSU lost the day before.  On to LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment